Your commercial facility is a perfect environment for rodents to thrive. If you are dealing with food products, healthcare, or other warehouse services, you need to have a rodent management program to ensure product safety.
Traps or rodenticides?
Should We Use Bait?
You are not allowed to use bait in the places where food is processed or served (restaurants, food factories…)
You could use rodenticides in certain facilities where food and products stores are sealed off.
Choosing the right exclusion method is essential for solving mice issues in long run.
Recommended Exclusion materials:
- Galvanized wire mesh
- Metal flashing
- Copper wool (don’t use steel wool it will rust and deteriorate)
- Metal snips
- Staple Gun
- Power drill
- 1 – 1 ½ “ screws
- Step ladder
- Extension ladder
- Good flashlight
- Good headlamp
- Work gloves
What If Exclusion and Trapping Doesn’t Work?
Exclusion, trapping and baiting is usually not enough to solve the mice infestation. There is more that needs to be done to achieve a rodent-free facility including.
- Cleaning especially but not only the kitchen on regular basis
- Putting away all the accessible food
- Storing the food in containers (with sealable lids)
- Removing all leftovers right away
- Cleaning under the appliances daily
- Not leaving any food on counter or anywhere else overnight
- Inspecting all the storages for any kind of food source (and putting away)
Westside Pest Control is the no1. Commercial Rodent control company in the lower mainland. If there is a need for professional help with a mice infestation contact one of the team today on 604-559-9060, we would be happy to help.
In addition to rodent removal and prevention, we also specialize in complete clean-ups of the affected area.