SEO Tips to Improve Your Online Presence
According to the latest research, about 88% of potential customers search for pest control services online utilizing search engines such as Google or Bing. Therefore, if you want to increase the number of potential customers contacting you, optimizing your website for search is a must. Here are four important tips that you should consider when dealing with SEO for your pest control website:
1. Discover local keywords
One key factor to consider in online marketing are the keywords to use. These keywords may vary with location, and they can help you increase your revenue through search engine optimization and PPC (pay per click) campaigns. However, finding targeted keywords that potential customers use most when searching for an online pest control company is the first step. You should do a thorough research, get assistance from experts and be committed to online marketing. You are also supposed to set realistic goals in SEO because you cannot rank at the top of search for pest control in a day. You need a lot of input, time, commitment, professionalism and experience.
The primary objective of discovering local keywords should be to attract more traffic to your business through online searches. It may take time, but with time, it becomes effective and practical. You can start targeting competitive regions in your locality after you’ve set and achieved basic SEO goals. Here are examples of local keywords you can use:
- Vancouver pest control
- Pest control company Vancouver
- Vancouver extermination
2. Manage your location
To manage your location properly, you need to have correct details of your Name, Phone number, and address. Most potential customers are turned off by wrong or inaccurate details on your website. Therefore, counter check your contact information to make sure they are correct and then do a google my business sign-up. Google Maps are effective search engines, and they provide the name of your company, clickable phone number, and address. This makes it easier for google searchers to locate your business and even contact you with inquiries or clarifications.
Therefore, if you give the wrong number or address, you diminish the chances of having a good raking and customers. With a good location management, you can get reviews for your Google Maps listings and ask your clients to leave reviews later on. Good reviews will help you get more clients while negative reviews can help you work on your weaknesses to attract more clients in the future. There is always room for improvement and getting reviews from honest clients is one of the ways to know your strengths and weaknesses.
3. Website structure
Your website structure should help the users get the information they need with ease and fast. It is important to know that, if your site structure serves your users well, you will benefit from search engines too! If you don’t have any skills or experience in web development, you need to hire an expert otherwise you may not benefit from SEO. Your web structure should entail the following:
- About Us – this section should describe the company and the products your offer. Improving credibility and trust of a website is important.
- Contact page – here, you should have contact information, i.e. e-mail, phone and business address. The information should be correct, and you should be responsive.
- Sitemap – a sitemap helps your users to find and access your website content easily from one page. Although different from an XML sitemap for search engines, this is essential to improve user’s experience.
- URL structure – your URL structure will be determined by the format of your permalinks. You can research available permalinks available and how you can use each type.
4. User experience
The primary goal here is to give the users what they want with ease. To improve the user experience, you can improve:
- Navigation – you should make it easy for first timers to access the information they need. To achieve this, you can organize your website and group related products and services pages. This will make it easy for users to find what they are looking for.
- Breadcrumbs – breadcrumbs are used to inform users where they are on your website and how they can get back to where they were previously. A breadcrumb is usually a back button that can also be used to groups related content in search engines.
- Search box – this is essential if you have a large website which has a lot of content. To make it easy for your users to get what they are looking for, you can have a search box. However, if your site has a few pages and does not have a lot of content, a search box is not practical.
It is also recommended to make your website both desktop and mobile accessible. This is vital since most people use either of the formats to do a google search and if your website is not accessible for both smart phones and PC, you may end up limiting the number of users. Ideally, a good SEO strategy not only benefits the placement of your website in search engines but also facilitates usability of your website and monetize the traffic you’ve gained. If you have a good SEO strategy, you just need a short period of time to top the search engine results.
With thanks to the Vancouver SEO company Coronation IM for their help not only on this post but also on improving our online presence.